Expect to spend about 15 minutes to make each garden. Plan on 15 minutes of clean up.
- $1-4 for tea cups, mugs, bowls, vessels at Thrift Stores
- $3 for bagged gravel
- $8 for Succulent/Cactus Mix Soil, or make your own with potting soil and sand
- $5-8 for Succulent starters. I recommend 3 types per garden. Choose plants with multiple plants so they will go farther. You can buy an assortment of succulent cuttings on Etsy.
What you need:
- Small vessels like used teacups, bowls, mugs, pottery
- An assortment of succulent clippings, available on Freecycle by request or ask friends who have succulents for clippings
- Potting soil, sand and gravel
- Findings like broken pottery, marbles, stones
- Water spray bottle
What to do:
- Add a handful of small gravel to the bottom of the vessel.
- Fill with loose soil mix.
- Poke holes in the soil with a stick.
- Add an assortment of succulent clippings snugly into the vessel.
- They like to be crowded. Press soil down firmly. Add more soil if needed.
- Fill empty spaces with stones, broken pottery, etc.
- Spray the succulents with a spray bottle to wash away the excess.
- Water with spray bottle twice a week with water bottle.