Sewing has become a lost art. I believe that everyone should have basic sewing skills, and it doesn’t have to be tedious, frustrating or time-consuming. I consider myself a guerilla seamstress; I don’t use patterns, I rarely use pins and use multiple shortcuts for quick results.
Guerilla Upcycled Sewing Lessons
Whether you’re a beginning or experienced seamstress, or can’t thread a sewing machine…. you’ll learn something new.Guerilla Sewing is the quick and easy way to sew. This class includes basics in sewing machines, sergers, hand-sewing, fabric, mending and alterations. Learn how to make garments without patterns with upcycled materials. Learn shortcuts, tricks and designer secrets with professional results.
- Students should bring their own if they have one, but loaner machines are available.
- Lessons are for beginning and intermediate students. No experience necessary.
- Teens welcome, age minimum 10 years old
- Truckee Roundhouse Maker Space: I teach private and regularly scheduled workshops at the Roundhouse. Check the website for the schedule. Located at Truckee Airport.
- SF Bay Area: I am occasionally in the Bay Area, so I can offer private workshops at your location. Contact me to discuss.
- 3-Hour Workshops at Truckee Roundhouse, $35 per person.
- Private Two-Hour Lesson:
- Single Student: $50. $20 for each additional hour.
- 2-3 students: $40 per person. $15 per person for each additional hour.
- 4 or more students: $30 per person. $15 per person for each additional hour.
If interested in a private lesson or workshops, contact me via email.